Explained by Brain! The FASD workbook especially for Parents, Carers and Educators by a parent and clinical psychologist with over 20 years experience with FASD.
The Explained by Brain Workbook includes:
- Real world stories with real world strategies!
- Vital information about how brains are affected by prenatal alcohol exposure
- Explanations about how and why brain injury translates into frustrating but predictable behavioural symptoms
- Parenting approaches and school-based strategies that work for young people with FASD (and those that don't)
- Opportunities for self-reflection and applications to your child
- Overviews of 11 brain areas affected by alcohol exposure
- 100+ Parenting and intervention strategies!!
- How to better understand and manage common behavioural symptoms of FASD such as meltdowns, verbal and physical aggression, stealing, lying (confabulation), sexualised behaviours and more!
- Learn ways of understanding and managing complex behavioural symptoms
- Strategies for building on strengths and talents
Dr Vanessa Spiller is a clinical psychologist, FASD educator, author of Explained by Brain: The FASD workbook for parents, carers and educators, and parent to a young adult with FASD. She blends 20 years of clinical work with lived experiences to deliver practical frameworks and strategies to help young people and their families achieve success. The "Explained by Brain" approach utilises well researched frameworks to provide parents, carers and educators with the tools they need to better understand and support young people with FASD.
(+ GST & Shipping)